In honor of John Mac's birthday, we had the Livesays and McIntyre's over for dinner Saturday night. Lauren Clay and Libby (and Henry) played really well together, so we were able to actually carry on a conversation among the adults. We need to enjoy this, because the dynamics will be changing in a few months between the (hopefully soon) arrival of Lei Lei and the arrival of our little cherub. Oh, and John and I have just about decided on names, but we're leaning toward John Bovi (for those of you who don't watch SNL, this is a joke!)
This is the biggest deal around here lately: Lauren Clay's new bed. We are trying to get sleeping arrangements in order with enough time to make them feel normal by the time baby arrives. Lauren Clay has really taken well to this bed... and so has Henry!
This picture is hard to decipher, but Lauren Clay is eating her cereal out of a little pot we picked up at IKEA. Her table is now in the kitchen (after spilling a cup of lemonade and cup of milk in the dining room, we decided the table needed to be placed on floors that are easily wiped clean!
Lauren Clay is watching Snow White right now. Snow White is sleeping, and Lauren Clay keeps saying, "so sweet." That's a phrase she uses a lot right now. Earlier today, she got super frustrated at Henry because he was wanting to play while she just wanted to give him a hug. She kept frantically screaming, "I want so sweet, Henry... I want so sweet."
She talks to Henry a lot. She'll have ask him to sit (and he does!). She'll say, "good dog" a lot, and, "no sir, Henry. No sir!" She goes to the front door and toggles the mail slot because she knows that gets Henry crazy. Also, when we come in from outside and Henry is still out, I typically close the door and count how long it takes him to follow us in. We rarely make it to 10. Lauren Clay does the same thing now... but it's usually, "one, two, three, seven, eight, nine, ten..."
I've enjoyed watching what she focuses on when we read books now. First of all, when she wants me to read, she opens a book and says, "mommy, talk." This morning we were reading a Rhyme Bible and in the story about Jonah, there's a part where Jonah is "so, so sad." As we continued reading, she kept saying, "mommy, I want so so sad"... so we would return to p. 112 over and over again.
In the car we have been listening to the Beauty and the Beast CD. She usually asks for "Belle, Be Our Guest", but enjoys the whole CD. She knows who's singing and tells me, "Maurice!" or "Gaston!" "LaFou!", "Lumiere!" My two favorite parts are when she holds her ears in anticipation of Gaston shooting his gun, and when she says, "Oh, no! Wolves!" when Maurice is lost in the forest. Just as she says that, the wolves howl.
One more story, then I'm finished with my chronicle for the day. I find it interesting to see her respond to the books I read. I think it was Francine Rivers' Atonement Child that she would grab from me and say, "no, mommy" and close it. I'm currently reading a Mitch Albom book, which she apparently likes. She'll pull this one away and attempt to read it herself (aloud.) There are a few pictures in the back of Albom and his mom, and she talks about them a lot: "no, that's Tinkerbell" (meaning, that's not Tinkerbell.) Why she associates Tink with Albom's mother is beyond me, but precious nonetheless.
Lauren Clay just came in and handed me poopy diaper she removed, so I'm off to stick her in the bath!
1 comment:
Such cute girls! I love how you blog all of Lauren Clays funny stuff. I have to get better at doing the funny stuff more....there is so much of it, isn't there! ;) There is a way to down load this to a book but I need to re-research it. I had it figured out before we left for Kaz but now my brain has lost 45% function so I have to look again. We can discuss on Friday at Spanish. Have a great wednesday! Tomorrow is cavity filling day...ugh. Hopefully, the conscious sedation affects him less than the anesthesia! ;) Adios Amigas! Karen
Post a Comment