Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Back to School

Lauren Clay returned to Mother's Day Out Thursday, and she is loving it. Today when I dropped her off, she ran right in and didn't even turn around to say goodbye. When I picked her up, the teachers asked how I get her to eat such a variety of foods (she had a peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread, sliced cheddar cheese, strawberries, peas and carrots, black olives, and 1/2 of a gingerbread man.) Of course, I have no idea why she'll eat like that... but we know she loves to eat pretty much everything. What surprised me is that she is apparently the only child who will stay on her mat during rest time. She won't stay in her own bed at home-- wonder why she'll stay on the mat at school? John and I agree that if she's going to choose one place over the other to cooperate with sleeping, we prefer that she do it at school :). Hopefully she'll follow suit at home.

Here are a couple pictures from the past couple weeks. The first is of Ty on New Year's Eve. He is wearing an outfit from some tailgating friends (we LOVE it!) He was cheering on the Cats, and they pulled out a win!
Here's Lauren Clay after a long day of playing. Looks like she's pretty exhausted, but the move to her bed woke her up and she fought sleep for a couple hours before finally going down for the night.

I'm back to school, too, so my blog time has been limited while I finish up course planning. It's been good to engage my mind as I prepare for class, but I've done some major revamping for one class and the other is a new prep. Lots of work. Hopefully it will diminish once the semester gets rolling.

2 comments:

kitzkazventure said...

So glad you posted so that I could tell you a funny story. I was just going to email you....
After our playdate on Friday, we were watching a DVD and a little baby about Ty's age was on and Nick got all excited and was trying to tell me something. I could tell he was referring to something that he had done or seen and all of the sudden he said Baila, Baila! and I said oh, is he like Lauren Clay's baby brother? And, he said "yes, like Lauren Clay's house (of course, he was a tad confused since it was Libby's house) but still so funny. So now anyone connected with your family is now Baila, Baila! ....similar to his Auntie Rhino who became Rhino because of the toy she gave him. His word associations crack me up! Looking forward to seeing you again on Fri. Good Luck with Classes! Karen

Kristina said...

Glad you made a post, I wondered how your prep was going. I am just making myself post brief snipits of the day -- nothing deep like Karen unless they just flow by the Holy Spirit himself! Talk to you soon, akml